Sunday, June 29, 2014

Up WAY Too Late...

I'm about to head to bed...it's 4:06 am as I begin writing this.  Why write?  For one, I'm indulging on milk and cookies before I sleep :).  But mostly because I'm listening to music, and once again I find myself not wanting to stop.  What is it about music that motivates me, that makes me pensive, that causes me to FEEL so much?  Does everyone feel this?  Is this level of deep feeling...this movement of who I am at the unique combination of chords and rhythms...is this felt by everyone?  It's an obsession as much of a healing element in my life.  I know there are others who feel this...who are enraptured by the ecstasy of waves combined to bounce off my ear drums.  It speaks to me, it speaks FOR me.

Could THIS be my motivational tool?  The opportunity to move in a primal rhythm to various sounds and beats?  As ridiculous and archaic as this post may sound to most, I can't help but feel every beat, every sound resound within my soul and my body.  I praise God every day for giving me this pleasure.  If I can simply prepare these things in a succession that causes me to get up and move, could THAT be the answer to my constant struggle to care for myself?  To be selfish enough to take time out to listen to my favorite music while working my body at the same time?  Only time will tell...but hopefully with this move into a bigger place with more space, I will find that the pounds will melt off like butter...Please, Lord, make it so.

As a side note, milk and cookies are NOT that great after eating shrimp scampii...the butter and lemon and garlic do NOT mix *grimaces*. 

No comments:

Post a Comment