Friday, June 1, 2012

Let It Go! (Grow a Tougher Skin!)

I know I shouldn't be surprised by all of the things that take place in my life, but somehow, I still am.  This summer, I got a distinct call from God to pray more - not just prayer, but intercessory prayer.  There have been a lot of attacks in this past year, and it's only now that I'm realizing I needed the Armor of God on the whole time (funny how that's our focus in VBS this summer) and ready to battle when the time comes.  It's hard not to get angry at the situations and the people in the situations, but the truth of the matter is, Satan is the one at work, not the people.  It may sound superstitious to some and to others it may seem like complete nutzo fundamentalist Christian talk, but it doesn't change the fact that it's true.


I'm beginning to think that a lot of these situations are to help toughen my skin a bit.  I'm an advocate of helping everyone and trying to make everyone happy and at peace.  Not everyone is going to like me, especially now that I'm learning to say no - but I know God has a plan, and I intend to follow Him in that plan.


So what do you do when your brothers and sisters in Christ are being jerks?  I know that there's two sides to every story and I'm not innocent, but I tend to get more drama and grief from my believing friends than those who don't believe.  How do you deal with them?  I guess it's my fault for believing that people want to hear what I have to say *grin*.  Time to let go - I'm sorry, Lord, for hanging on too long.  I pray that you'll bless them on their way but still keep them far from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment