Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Back In the Saddle

Well, now that I've completed my masters, I've got time to pursue some things I've never done before.  For instance, singing in the Athens Area Community Chorus this Spring.  We're singing Brahms "Ein Deutches Requiem" (A German Requiem).  I've sung one of the movements in it and directed another for college, but I was pretty much sight singing the thing tonight.  I did okay - got completely lost and embarrassed in a few places *grin*.  Seems like I'm a bit rusty when it comes to singing.


The frustrating part is the insecurity that I carried in with me.  Instead of being secure in my abilities and my knowledge, I let the fact that Dr. Windt (who is a wonderful, friendly person, of course) is younger than me and already completed a coveted doctorate degree from Cincinnati Conservatory of Music, intimidate me.  I don't know why I'm so intimidated by men!!


But I can't lie - it was wonderful to be able to perform again.  I'm just sad we're only going to be doing one piece - granted it does take 70 minutes to perform *grin*.  I'm just glad I decided to go :).


And on to another day...

No comments:

Post a Comment